Friday, December 9, 2011

Pretty old eyes

Sitting on his bag of wood shavings, this bear is still waiting for his ears to be sewn on.
I have been experimenting with exelsior wood filling to stuff this bear i.s.o. the polyester fiber I normally work with.
As you can see it makes a lot of mess, and dust too! :(
But in the end you get rewarded, because the stitching of the nose and claws is much easier with this kind of filling, but I recommend you try it out.Also, I find it easier to get the exact shape you want.

I found these antique eyes (wondering about on the internet)
and I like them a lot.
They come from an old stock of a long gone warehouse, there not really shoe buttons, just black glass ball's on wire, but still strong and all slightly different.

Now back to the ears, because the bear wants to enjoy my audiobook also.


Have a fine week-end!!







3 comments:

Joanne@ Desertmountainbear said...

He is going to be beautiful. I love the eyes, and I love the feel of a crunchy teddy too.

Lynda (Granny K) said...

Love him, even without ears!

Mare said...

What a sweet little bear...